This article is about the OT-One.
It's no-longer sold or actively supported by Opentrons, but we've kept this article here to help existing users. Please see our OT-2 Support articles for the most up to date information!
The defaulted current of the motors within the config file motors is at optimal according to the data sheet provided by the manufacturer, they can operate at up to 100 degrees Celcius. Currently, the only module powered though the robot is the MagDeck, if you are powering your own modules through your robot's power supply you may want to change the current of the motors. To do so, please follow the steps below.
SD card adapter
- Remove your SD card and load card into your computer
- Open the config file in a text editor
- Change the values for the current. There are lines for each motor within the config file, set the desired current for that motor. (beta_current for Y , gamma_current for Z , etc...)
- Insert the SD card back into the board to load the updated config file to the robot.
- Disconnect the from USB, power supply, and app
- Reconnect USB, power supply, and app
- Now the robot will be running at the new currents.
- **Notice in the config file the beta_current cannot go any higher than 2.0 , so you will not be able to increase the Y current.
For example, here is the line that sets the
X motor (what the config file calls