We recommend using your OT-2 in an environment of:
- 🌡 20-24 °C.
- 💧 40-60% relative humidity.
We’ve lifetime tested for up to 3 years of average use in these conditions.
What happens if I go outside the recommended range?
We don’t generally test our equipment outside the recommended temperature and humidity ranges, so we can't say for sure.
But here are some specific problems you might see:
- 🌡💧 Any temperature or humidity outside the recommended range can make pipettes perform outside their accuracy and precision specifications.
- 💧 Low humidity can make tips cling to pipettes when they’re ejected, because of static electricity.
- 🌡 Extreme temperatures can reduce the equipment’s lifetime.
- 💧 Relative humidity above 60% or so can reduce the equipment’s lifetime.