If you’re experiencing problems with your Opentrons App, or if you’d simply like to remove it from your system, you can uninstall it by following the steps below.
Uninstall the Opentrons App
- From the Start menu, open Add or remove programs.
- In the list of programs, select Opentrons. There may be a version number in the name, too, like "Opentrons v3.12.0."
- Click Uninstall.
- Locate the Opentrons.app application file. It is probably in your Applications directory. If you cannot find it, use Spotlight to search for "Opentrons" and press Command+Return to open Finder where the file is located.
- Move Opentrons.app to the trash.
- Locate the Opentrons AppImage file. It will be wherever you put it after you downloaded it. The filename will start with "Opentrons" and end with ".AppImage."
- Delete the AppImage file.
Optional: remove configuration files
If you’re experiencing problems with your app, clearing out the configuration files before reinstalling can sometimes help resolve issues.
Warning: if you clear out the configuration files and reinstall the app, all your previous preferences, including your support chat identity will be lost.
To remove your configuration files, delete the following directory:
- Windows 10:
Remember to replace
“your_user_name” with your actual username.