1. Make sure your computer's network adapter driver is up to date
The download will be provided as a .zip file. Open it and run the setup program, which will guide you through driver installation.
After installing the latest driver, restart your computer.
To confirm that the driver installed properly, open Start > Device Manager.
Find Network adapters > Realtek USB FE Family Controller. A new window will open showing the properties for that device. Under the Driver tab, confirm that the Driver Provider is listed as Realtek.
At this point, see if your OT-2 is listed in the OT-2 App. You may need to power-cycle your OT-2 and then click Refresh.
If it's still not showing up, continue reading.
2. Make sure your computer is recognizing the network connection
First: open the network menu from the taskbar. You should see a wired connection labeled "Unidentified network – No Internet."
This is normal, and indicates that your computer recognizes that there is a wired connection present.
- From the Start menu, open Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left sidebar, select Change adapter settings.
- Confirm that there is an Ethernet connection with the label "Unidentified network – Realtek USB FE Family Controller."
If both of these things are the case, continue to step 4.
If you see something different, your computer might not be detecting the local wired connection. In that case:
- Check again that the robot is turned on.
- Check that there are no physical problems with any cables or connectors.
- If you are using an adapter, such as a USB to USB-C adapter, try swapping it for a different one.
- If you're still having trouble, contact Opentrons Support for assistance.
3. Check your firewall
- From the Start menu, open Firewall & network protection.
- Select Allow an app through firewall. A new window will open.
- Click the Change settings button in the top-right.
- Locate opentrons.exe in the list.
- Make sure that all three checkboxes for opentrons.exe are selected.
- Click OK.
Still having trouble?
We're sorry you're still experiencing difficulties! Please go through this document and contact Opentrons Support, and we'll sort it out.