Make sure the network interface is configured properly
Unless your computer happens to have Avahi installed, you may need to set the robot’s network interface to “Link-Local” explicitly.
Assuming that you cannot connect to a wired robot:
- Open the “Settings” application
- Navigate to “Network”
- Find the wired network adapter that is either “Connecting” (and failing to connect) or “Off”
- When you plugged in the robot, after a few minutes you may have already seen a notification for a failure to connect to network
- Click the gear icon and navigate to the IPv4 tab
- Set “IPv4 Method” to “Link-Local Only”
After a few seconds, the interface should self-assign a link-local IP address. Try opening the app to see if the robot appears.
Still having trouble?
We're sorry you're still experiencing difficulties! Please contact Opentrons Support, and we'll sort it out.