You will need a computer running the Opentrons App in order to control your OT-2 robot. Our app runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux. Please see Supported Operating Systems for more details about OS support.
Download the app by clicking the “Mac”, “Windows”, or “Linux” button on the Opentrons App download page. Then, follow the OS specific instructions below.
- Double click the downloaded .zip file to unzip “Opentrons.app” if it didn’t unzip automatically.
- Open your “Applications” folder and move “Opentrons.app” into “Applications.”
- Double click “Opentrons.app” to launch the app.
- Click “Allow” (or similar) on any networking/firewall prompts to ensure the app can talk to your robot.
- Double click the downloaded .exe to install the app.
- Once it’s done installing, the app should launch automatically.
- Click “Allow” (or similar option) on any networking/firewall prompts to ensure the app can talk to robots.
1. Find the downloaded .AppImage file and make it executable.
A. Using the GUI:
- Right click on the file and select “Properties”
- Under the “Permissions” tab, enable “Allow executing file as program” (Exact wording may differ between versions of Linux).
B. Using the terminal:
- cd to the directory where you downloaded the file
- chmod a+x Opentrons*.AppImage.
C. See AppImage's documentation for more details.
2. Double-click the .AppImage file.
3. Click “Yes” to the installation prompt add “Opentrons” to your applications list.
4. Click “Allow” (or similar option) on any networking/firewall prompts to ensure the app can talk to robots.