How to change pipettes:
The multichannel and single channel can be placed on either of the pipette's axis. In order to swap the pipettes between the left and right axis, or to change out to pipettes of other volumes please follow the instructions below.
- 2.5mm screwdriver
Procedure for Detaching:
- In the robot tab of your app you will see a section for attaching pipettes on the left and right mount. Select which mount you would like to attach the pipette to and click change .
If the mount does not have any pipette attached, click
2. To detach the pipette you currently have on loosen the 3 screws with a 2.5mm screwdriver. The bottom screw will come out fully. Then disconnect the white connector tab and remove pipette.
Confirm the pipette is detached. If the robot has not been successfully detached, you will receive the following message:
Make sure the pipette white connector tab has been completely detached and try again by clicking
confirm pipette is detached .
If you are successful you should the following message:
Once the pipette has been successfully detached click
attach another pipette
Procedure for Attaching:
3. Once the mount has been selected, select the pipette of choice.
4. When attaching the pipette, make sure it is aligned with the screw holes. Follow step one and two as shown in the diagram below. Once the pipette has been attached and the connecter has been connected, click the
Have Robot Check Connection
5. If the connection is successful, you will get a green check mark.
If the connection is not sucessful, you will receive an error message that the robot is unable to detect the pipette.
Check to see of the white connector is plugged in properly. Have robot check connection again.
If you would like to change the pipette on the other mount, follow the same instructions.
Note: The instructions are the same for a multichannel pipette.